Many homeowners will tell you how emotional it was to buy their first home, but you rarely hear about their experience selling it. It’s only natural to grow attached after creating so many wonderful memories, which can make selling a challenging process.
Fortunately, you’re not in it alone.
Let’s get started with some simple do’s and don’ts for selling your first home:
What should you do?
- Get your home ready for the market. We’ll collaborate on strategic repairs and updates, home staging, photography and more options to attract buyers.
- Plan for your next move. We’ll work together to make sure that you’ve got your next home lined up when your current home sells.
- Be aware of your timeline. While our goal is to sell your house fast, you never know what hiccups a buyer might encounter along the way. Being aware of your timeline is essential.
- Prepare to negotiate. After the home inspection, the buyer may ask for repairs or concessions. That’s why it’s always best for you to have a local real estate expert represent you when selling. in your best interest to avoid selling in the spring because you’ll have less competition. Ultimately, the right time to sell is when you’re ready.
- Don’t price based on your emotions. You value your beloved home, but if it’s priced beyond its worth, it will sit on the market. We’ll review local comps and discuss your home’s market value together.
- Don’t forget to plan for the closing. To seal the deal, be fully prepared for settlement. Bring your ID and be prepared to review and sign paperwork.